Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can I help you?

Did you know that the friendly and oh-so-helpful staff at the Mozy Rue ECO Collective are actually artists and crafters masquerading as clerks? Yup...the very people who sell you the goods are the ones who made them, too. (No wonder they look so cool!) It's just one of the things that makes our shop so unique.

Personally, I love getting the chance to talk to the person who built/grew/sewed the item that I am about to buy. If they are passionate about their craft, then it's impossible not to get caught up in their excitement. I always find that knowing the back-story or hearing a little about the process really makes me appreciate the item even more. And, speaking as an artist, I love talking about my art AND hearing about where it's going. (Sometimes I get a little attached to things...it's good to get some closure. *wink*)

So, the next time you're in the shop picking up a gift or a "little something" for yourself, be sure to strike up a conversation with "the girl behind the counter". Chances are, you'll come out of there with more than just a necklace or a notebook.

~ Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment